Job Description/Title: Trail Groomer
FLSA Status: Regular Full-time, non-exempt and Regular Part-time, non-exempt positions available
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Anchorage, AK
The trail groomer executes daily trail maintenance and grooming to support the mission of NSAA. The trail groomer works with the Director of Operations, Mechanic/General Foreman, other trail groomers and the NSAA office staff to provide safe trails. The trail groomer is expected to be able to work independently with minimal supervision, using initiative and judgment in dealing with workflow.
- Operating grooming equipment: both snowmobiles and Pistenbully snow cats
- Removing trees and brush from trails
- Shoveling and hauling snow on to the trail
- Transporting grooming equipment.
- Basic daily maintenance of equipment
- Other duties as specified by the Director of Operations or his appointee
- Experience and the ability to operate snow cats and snowmobiles with grooming equipment.
- Experience and the ability to operate chainsaws and tree removal equipment
- Experience and the ability to shovel snow and lift 70 pounds
- Current Class A commercial driver’s license and medical certificate
- Basic mechanical skills and the ability to use these skills
- Understanding of recreational and competitive X-country skiing
- Ability to follow directions and work unsupervised or with a crew
- Ability to interface with the public and trail users in a polite and professional manner
- Reliable transportation to/from worksites throughout the Anchorage municipality
- Experience and the ability to operate a Pistenbully snow cat
- Experience with artificial snowmaking systems
- Computer literacy – specifically snowmaking system software