Position Description: Office Administrator
FLSA Status: Part-Time, non-exempt
Employment Classification: Part-time, regular
Wage: $21-$23/hour DOE
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Location: NSAA Office at 9170 Jewel Lake Rd, Suite 200, Anchorage, AK 99507
The Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage (NSAA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting all forms of Nordic skiing in the greater Anchorage area. The organization maintains and grooms 160 kilometers of world-class ski trails, organizes and oversees a variety of races, and offers skiing events, programs, and lessons geared toward all ages and abilities. NSAA is supported by over 4,000 members, corporate sponsors, private and public grants, and community partnerships.
The Office Administrator is a highly visible and important position within the organization, ensuring our administrative office’s smooth and efficient operation. In addition to serving as the first point of contact with the public, the Office Administrator oversees the maintenance of supplies and equipment and manages membership databases. The Office Administrator is responsible for working independently with minimal supervision, using their own initiative and judgment to manage workflow and handle most situations. They are expected to support NSAA staff with administrative processes. The Office Administrator may also represent the organization at occasional public events for publicity purposes.
- Answer phone calls, emails, and in-person inquiries
- Provide general information and process membership registrations
- Maintain various files, lists, and records
- Oversee the NSAA website, making updates and changes as needed
- Prepare business correspondence and manage mailing lists
- Open and route incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail
- Process donations and complete paperwork for accounts receivable and deposits.
- Track and maintain fund development donor databases and spreadsheets
- Train and oversee office volunteers
- Prepare content for the Nordic Skier newsletter as needed
- Collect and prepare newsletter recipient lists according to mailing house requirements
- Prepare online email correspondence to members as requested by staff
- Operate office equipment including printer, scanner, copy machine, multi-line phone and voice mail, computer, mail machines and other equipment
- Order office supplies and schedule maintenance of copy machine and other office equipment
- Maintain a clean and neat office area and other common office areas
- Run occasional errands, including bank deposits, recycling, delivering promotional materials, and picking up supplies and print jobs
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Commitment to policies and mission of the Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a team
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to operate a computer, fax machine, printer, copier, and postage meter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google programs, and familiarity with various software systems
- Familiarity with the sport of Nordic skiing is a plus
- Familiarity with Quickbooks is a plus
- Access to reliable transportation
- Able to pass a background check
If you are interested in applying for this open position, please submit your resume and cover letter through the link below.
Job Description/Title: Trail Groomer
FLSA Status: Regular Full-time, non-exempt, and Regular Part-time, non-exempt positions available
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Anchorage, AK
The trail groomer executes daily trail maintenance and grooming to support the mission of NSAA. The trail groomer works with the Director of Operations, Mechanic/General Foreman, other trail groomers, and the NSAA office staff to provide safe trails. The trail groomer is expected to be able to work independently with minimal supervision, using initiative and judgment in dealing with workflow.
- Operating grooming equipment: both snowmobiles and Pistenbully snow cats
- Removing trees and brush from trails
- Shoveling and hauling snow onto the trail
- Transporting grooming equipment.
- Basic daily maintenance of equipment
- Other duties as specified by the Director of Operations
- Experience and the ability to operate snow cats and snowmobiles with grooming equipment.
- Experience and the ability to operate chainsaws and tree removal equipment
- Experience and the ability to shovel snow and lift 70 pounds
- Current Class A commercial driver’s license and medical certificate
- Basic mechanical skills and the ability to use these skills
- Understanding of recreational and competitive X-country skiing
- Ability to follow directions and work unsupervised or with a crew
- Ability to interface with the public and trail users in a polite and professional manner
- Reliable transportation to/from worksites throughout the Anchorage municipality
- Experience and the ability to operate a Pistenbully snowcat
- Experience with artificial snowmaking systems
- Computer literacy – specifically snowmaking system software